Saturday, July 28, 2012

Now for a New Chicken House!!!

Class is for the most part done!!!  There may be some final edits to the technology plan, but that is it!

Now for a chicken coop.  I vowed not to use the 30 year old tool shed for a coop.  I'd like to use strawbales if I can make a strong enough fortress.  I found a link that is pretty nice.  Recycle the straw bales from year to year for garden mulch.  Great idea. What ever it is, it needs to be raccoon proof.  I think I will evaluate all the crap laying around.  I think I can use the old laundry poles for the frame and to support the roof.  I'd love to have an egg box so I don't really have to crawl in there, but it is good to know how it is inside the coop!!!  I guess I've already made friends with the black snakes this year. 

Look at this site.  I think this is the best idea so far.  Kinda ugly, but I like the idea of mulching each year's straw in July when things get hot. 


Here's a dream strawbale house. 

1 comment: