Thursday, July 5, 2012

Poor Man's Entertainment Center

I was in my study room when I had a visitor.  It was the little boy finch.  He didn't say anything, but he came closer and closer.  Then he came closer still. 


The finches don't come and visit at the other windows.  A cardinal used to.  Dad used to have a cardinal that came to the big kitchen window years ago.  The window was dirty from Pretty Bird trying to get close to him.  Dad used to call outside the door, "Pretty Bird, Pretty Bird." The male cardinal would come around.  Soon, it would hover at the window swiping the glass with its feet and wings.  Then, it would follow his voice to all the rooms that had a phone outlet. The cardinal stayed a couple years. 



I still feed the birds. My dad called the bird feeders a Poor Man's Entertainment Center. I have baking pans on stands outside the windows.















I checked the finch feeder and it was low.  I guess the little boy was the messenger letting me know the seed was low.  I love to hear their, "tweet, tweeeeeeeeeeeeet!" So I am off to find their bag of seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment